Prescription Receipts Filed Manually

Effective August 1, 2017, there will be a change to the way you file your paper receipts. Since the Prescription Card Program was implemented, there are very few instances that require submission of your paper receipts. Submitting paper receipts is done mainly for prescriptions purchased without using your Caremark card.

Currently, any claims for prescription drugs purchased without using your Caremark RX card are submitted to the Fund Office. Effective August 1, 2017, those claims should now be submitted to Caremark.

All pharmacies provide a RX type receipt for prescriptions filled out-of-network. These receipts are perfect for benefit payment and should be submitted with a claim form to Caremark. Cash register receipts do not include all of the information needed to process the claim, so they are not acceptable (generally they are missing patient name and details about the item purchased).

Once you complete a Caremark claim form, please attach the receipts to it and submit them to Caremark. Your normal 20% copayment is not eligible for reimbursement through Caremark. This only applies to prescriptions purchased without using your Caremark card. Benefits for covered prescriptions filled without using your Caremark card are paid at 50%.

A blank Caremark claim form is enclosed with this letter. You can use this claim form to file a paper claim. You can also find this claim form on the Caremark website at The link to the claim form also can be found on the Laborers’ Pension and Welfare website at

If you have any questions, please contact the Fund Office at (708) 562-0200 or toll-free at (866) 906-0200 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. from Monday through Friday.